Ali posted a local removalist job, moving from Potts Point NSW to Potts Point NSW. Ali received 2 quotes and selected Proficient Removals for the job
- 2 friendly movers showed up a little before 8 am and did the work without a single frown. They were great movers to work with. They didn't get frustrated or upset. They kept their cool
- They dismantled the bed and kept all screws, nuts and bolts in a plastic bag so nothing got lost
- They were careful my stuff.
- On the phone I was told that they don't subcontract, but they do. But this isn't anything against them, all removalists subcontract. Still no reason to say otherwise on the phone. I could be a very unhappy customer at the moment if I was a bit unlucky with my movers.
- They had another appointment at noon and since we were done around 3pm, the next customer was very unhappy. One word of advice to anyone who's planning to move: Always pick the morning spot.
- I had to work very hard along with the movers (almost as a third mover) since I had to help them finish the job and I was aching all over the next day.
- They charged me an extra 1/2 hour, but I was ok with it because it was very very hard work and I felt for those guys. I didn't mind, but if you're counting your minutes and pennies, it could be a bit frustrating.
Overall it was a pleasant experience. The movers were great, but the sales guy who gives you the quote on the phone isn't necessarily giving you the most accurate information regarding outsourcing.
4 out of 5