Jen posted a local removalist job on the 14th of Dec 2018, moving from Nambour QLD to Windsor QLD. Jen selected A2Z Moving Services for the job
I chose these movers due to their decent reviews in my area. Unfortunately I cannot leave a similar one due to multiple reasons.
1) Was originally told 8am-9am arrival time on confirmation email in DECEMBER when the move was booked. The day before the move in JANUARY I am told this has changed to 9.30am-10am. The day of the move, I was called at 10am and told 11am. No further communication until they finally arrived at 12pm with no apology or explanation.
2) While packing my belongings, any questions the men had were directed at my 16 year old brother who was helping me move instead of me, going so far as to ask him to go outside to speak about MY belongings while I was standing right next to him.
3) Didn’t bring truck big enough for all belongings. Although I did mistakenly underestimate how many boxes I would actually have, the truck they brought didn’t even end up fitting all the items identified on the job list submitted for quotes. I had to call my dad to bring his Ute and trailer as well as my ex’s dad to fit the rest of the furniture and belongings.
4) The combination of poor punctuality, and not taking all items had a knock on effect to my bond cleaner who was originally booked to arrive at 12pm, 3 hours after the removalists which should have been ample time considering I had already packed, moved and stacked all belongings in the garage to be moved straight into the truck. In past moves, this process has taken 1-1.5 hours maximum for all items.
I rebooked the bond cleaner for 1pm the day before when the arrival time was changed to 10am however on the day there was not a lot I was able to do. The bond cleaners arrived an hour after the removalists and had to work around them for an hour and then around my dad and ex’s dad for about 45minutes while we gathered everything the removalists were unable to fit due to not bringing a big enough truck.
5) As shown above, clearly had not read the job details and on arrival at destination said there was more stairs than they thought there would be and therefore it was going to be quite inconvenient for them. Original job details stated “Apartment without elevator, 3+ storeys”. The apartment is on the 3rd floor.
6) Flat out refused to move my fridge in. Stated it would not fit up the stairs. I ended up having to do it myself the next day single-handed while trying to manage a toddler and a baby myself. It did fit up the stairs. Not easily but these ‘removalists’ clearly just did not want to try. I lost $100+ worth of food because of this laziness.
7) Also left my couch in my garage instead of bringing it up. Had to bring that up the 3 flights of stairs as well with the help of one of my lovely new neighbours.
8) Multiple expensive items of furniture damaged including various chips and dents to 2 vintage sparks passed through our family and a $2000 cabinet that now has a large chunk missing. Efforts to contact the removalists about this have been unsuccessful thus far. If the piece that is missing from the $2000 cabinet is still in the truck and I can get it back, I’m happy to just glue it back together despite this negligence but otherwise further action will obviously need to be taken.
9) Minor compared to every other thing here but the removalists could not, for the life of them figure out how much I was supposed to be charged at the end of all this. I was quoted 5hours for the job at $75 an hour including the hour and a half travel time PLUS a $100 travel expense. The job ended up taking 6hours (2 hours packing, 1.5 hours travel, 2.5 hours unpacking) despite these people cutting every corner possible and they somehow came up with $625 as the amount to charge me. The correct amount of $500 (having already paid a $50 deposit upon booking) was finally agreed on but at the end of a day with so many frustrations along with obviously so much to do unpacking all boxes and managing a toddler and baby on my own, it was the last thing I needed.
Overall, 3 hours late for arrival, $100+ worth of food wasted due to their laziness and damage to furniture worth thousands due to their negligence along with now an inability to contact them. Have tried to call the main office 3 times to try and sort this out and each time I have gone to a message bank.
Will not book again.
1.75 out of 5
1/5 Care of goods
2/5 Service as described