R.K. posted a interstate removalist job on the 22nd of Apr 2019, moving from Glenella QLD to Penrith NSW. R.K. selected Ransom Interstate for the job
Had an overall horrible experience with these guys. Originally they all seemed so nice. Good news is most things were in good condition, which is a big deal when you're moving, so they get a fair 4 stars for that (I would give 4.5 even if it was possible). In summary, here are the issues:
- 4 hours late upon arrival to pack and pretty unapologetic about it
- Items arrived in new location 2 whole days later which through our entire month off. We had chosen this company because of the two-day arrival time since our timelines were very tight. I get that sometimes unforeseen circumstances happen but I would say go with a bigger company that can mitigate these things because with these guys, you’re only relying on the one truck and the one crew. I think two of them were sick as well – but again – business is business – there should be back up plans for these kinds of things. The customer should not have to pay for it.
- One of the packers was not as careful and seemed to not follow instructions from his boss.
- Heath (who’s the boss onsite) took instructions from me but not sure if he relayed them? I asked specifically for my bags and shoes to be packed in a certain way and Heath was all over it, but to my surprise, they were thrown in boxes as is!
- The boss (Heath) should've probably had more oversight as these guys definitely needed someone more experienced to give some direction. I had to get involved with a few items to ensure they don’t break or scratch
- They didn’t show up with hanging boxes to pack as promised– so had to put fancy dresses in suitcases – I did this myself because I was worried about these dresses
- I felt like I was being played overall, which was unfortunate because I got a ‘family business’ feel from them initially. I was quoted for a certain amount and told that I would be charged a certain amount if we go over but then was charged more that I thought I would be for the extra. If you do go with these guys, ensure you get everything in writing and in very specific detail before committing.
- In lieu of them being late, I was offered a 3 hour unpacking service, which initially I thought was fantastic and a great help as we were behind by two days already and I was meant to start work soon. Honestly, if this actually happened, all else would have been forgotten! I didn’t ask them to specify exactly what they meant but figured, even if it was just one guy for three hours, that’s huge, or even 2 guys for 1.5 hours. It ended up being about 1 hour and one guy unpacking – which is better than nothing, but a promise made and not kept. They tried to tell me that the 3 hours includes putting beds together, and putting boxes in the rooms but that’s definitely not the case. Those things were part of the initial service and we had discussed those details thoroughly. So did not appreciate that at all.
- They managed to lose the washer connectors, and when I asked them where they were, they did go through a few boxes and gave a good look, but they were still lost nonetheless. In the process, the one guy (black hair) had a few angry outbursts which is completely unacceptable. He punched a box, emptied contents of a box on the floor in anger and also threw some comments at me. I think he was at fault and was angry at the situation – but no need to take it out on the customer.
- Communication with Vicky (who was offsite) was good, but with Heath, it was horrendous. Long story short, he would communicate to us at the beginning and then eventually disappear, leaving us with two very young and inexperienced guys.
- At the end, I was surprised they were leaving so early, especially since I was promised more time and the washer connectors were lost, so was looking for Heath to speak to him but he totally ignored me on multiple occasions which was so awkward. Eventually, they sent one of the guys (blond one) to say sorry for the inconvenience but we have to go and left quickly. I will say this: this guy was the best out all of them. Very polite, and worked very hard!
1.75 out of 5
4/5 Care of goods
1/5 Service as described