4.62 / 5
Why use Find a Mover?
Find a Quality Mover
We're a FREE Service
What our customers are saying about us
Hear from satisfied customers who have found their ideal removalist through Find a Mover
from over 400 customer reviews
Frequently asked questions
- A Studio or small one-bedroom apartment equates to roughly 15 - 20 cubic metres.
- One to two-bedroom home equates to approximately 30 - 40 cubic metres.
- For a two to three-bedroom home, you might need a 40 - 50 cubic metre truck. These can hold 3-5 rooms' worth of items.
- For larger homes with four or more bedrooms, a 65 - 75 cubic metre truck. For accurate truck sizes, consult your interstate removalists near you as they have experience in loading trucks in a way that optimises space and protects your items.
- Why you are moving?
- The cost of the move.
- The distance and time it will take to move.
- The size of your move.
- Packing and decluttering your belongings.
- Updating your address with relevant authorities.
- Disconnecting and reconnecting your utilities.
- Insurance to protect your belongings.
- Quarantine requirements for certain items.
- Enrolling children into schools.
- Your job prospects.
- Downsizing your belongings - The less you have to move, the less it will cost. Sell, donate, or discard items you no longer need.
- Move During Off-Peak Times - Moving in off-peak seasons (like winter) or on weekdays might be cheaper.
- Do Your Own Packing - While it's more work, you can save money by packing your belongings yourself.
- Use Free or Cheap Packing Materials: You can often find free boxes at local businesses, or use towels and clothes as packing material.
- Compare Interstate Removal Quotes with Find a Mover - Get estimates from multiple moving companies to find the best deal.
- Planning and Preparation - This can take several weeks to a few months. It includes finding a new home, hiring movers, packing, and tying up loose ends at your current location.
- Actual Move - The transportation of your belongings could take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the distance and the moving company's schedule.
- Unpacking and Settling In - This varies widely depending on your schedule and the amount of stuff you have, but it's common for the unpacking and settling in process to take several weeks.
Useful Tips and Info
Moving House with Pets: The Definitive Guide to a Stress-Free Move
Ready to make your move with your furry friends? This comprehensive guide will help you navigate the process smoothly and ensure a pawsitive experience for both you and your four-legged pals.
The Great Aussie Shuffle: Interstate Moving Trends 2021 - 2023
From the sunny allure of Queensland to the bustling vibe of Melbourne, Australians are on the move! But where are they headed, and why? We breakdown the moving trends and statistics from 2021 to 2023.
The Ultimate Moving House Checklist - Printable PDF
Planning a house move? Our Ultimate Moving Checklist has got you covered. This meticulously designed guide offers practical advice and helpful reminders for a smooth and worry-free move.
5 mistakes to avoid when moving to a new home
Get ready for a stress-free move with our top five tips to dodge common mistakes! By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to enjoying a smooth move and settling into your fabulous new home in no time!
How to save money on your next move with these expert removalists hacks
Moving can be a stressful and expensive experience, but with these expert removalists hacks, you can save money and make your next move a breeze.
10 tips for finding the best removalists in your area
Finding a reliable and reputable removalist company can be a daunting task. Here are 10 tips to help you choose the best removalists in your area.