4.62 / 5
Why use Find a Mover?
Find a Quality Mover
We're a FREE Service
What our customers are saying about us
Hear from satisfied customers who have found their ideal removalist through Find a Mover
from over 400 customer reviews
Removalists near Canberra
Frequently asked questions
- Get organised by making a list of all of your possessions.
- Categorise items into keep, sell, donate, and discard categories.
- Only keep the items that have significant value or importance to you.
- Sell your unwanted items online or through a garage sale, or donate them to charity.
- Dispose of items that can't be donated or sold responsibly.
- Pack smart to maximise space while minimising the number of items you're moving.
Not only will downsizing make your move easier, but less stuff means less cost when it comes to moving services.
- Holding a garage sale or donating items you no longer use.
- Create a list of your belongings that will be moving with you.
- Once you have completed your packing. Seal the boxes and clearly label boxes with contents and room it belongs.
- Use proper packing materials for delicate items, like bubble wrap, packing peanuts and fragile tape.
- If possible, disassemble large furniture so it can fit through tight access points.
- If you need a lift access, make sure to book out the time with the building manager.
- Arrange parking for the moving truck.
- Provide clear instructions and address any concerns with your removal company.
- Clean and dry the garden tools to prevent rust.
- Use sturdy boxes and bubble wrap or towels for packing.
- Group similar tools together and tie long-handled tools for compactness.
- Wrap sharp or fragile tools with packing paper or bubble wrap.
- Place a layer of cushioning at the bottom of the box.
- Pack tools in an organised manner, with heavier items at the bottom.
- Fill any empty spaces with packing material.
- Seal the boxes with tape and label them as "Garden Tools."
- Store hazardous materials, like petrol,fertilizer and weeding concentrate separately.
- If any power tools such as mowers have a petrol shut off valve ensure it is in the off position prior to transporting.
Useful Tips and Info
Moving to Sydney - All You Need to Know
Moving to Sydney? It's the "Harbour City," where the iconic Opera House meets the surfers' waves and city lights blend with natural splendours. This guide is your gateway to understanding Sydney's dynamic pulse and serene harbourside living. Whether it’s the lure of thriving job markets or the charm of sunny beaches, Sydney promises a lifestyle where every day is an adventure. Get ready to unfold the secrets of moving to Sydney where life’s best moments await around every corner.
Moving to Brisbane - What to Know Before You Relocate
Get ready to explore Brisbane, the "River City" of Australia! It's where urban energy meets laid-back vibes. This guide will help you with moving to Brisbane and all you need to know, like its friendly locals and warm climate. Brisbane isn't just a location, it's a lifestyle you'll love being a part of. So, let's dive in and discover the vibrant "Sunshine State" culture that makes Brisbane truly special!
Moving to Melbourne - What to Know Before You Move
Set your sights on Melbourne, where every corner promises a blend of culture, coffee, and charisma. Before you embark on this exciting chapter, we've got the essential insights to make your move as smooth as Melbourne's famous espressos. Let's get you prepped for a seamless transition to the most liveable city in the world!
Moving to Tasmania - What to Know Before You Relocate
Thinking of moving to Tass? With its breathtaking landscapes and unique island lifestyle, it's no wonder many are captivated. Dive into our guide and uncover everything you need to know about Apple Isle before booking Tasmania removalists and making the leap to this serene haven.
How to Move a Piano in 9 Steps
Moving a piano? It's a task that demands precision, planning, and care. Whether you're relocating a small upright or a grand piano masterpiece, this guide has you covered. Discover the steps to ensure a harmonious piano move.
The Complete Guide on Packing with Bubble Wrap
Unlock the potential of bubble wrap with our expert guide. From securing your electronics to protecting plants and smart recycling tips, we've got you covered. Step into a world of practical and eco-friendly bubble wrap uses now!